[freeside-users] Error: Odd number of elements in hash assignment

Lee Sharpe lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Thu Jun 1 22:13:18 PDT 2006

Hello, all!

Before I get to my question, here's my setup information;

Freeside v1.5.7 using HTML::Mason front end
Perl v5.8.5
PostgeSQL v7.4.7

At least since 5/21, our Billing Department has noticed that some customers are not being billed when they are supposed to be.  Checking the output from the freeside-daily script (which is run in the early morning hours as a cron job), the output each time it is run has the following at the end:

Odd number of elements in hash assignment at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/FS/Misc.pm line 72.
can't build entity: no body, and not multipart

It appears that it processes some of the customers, but any that would be performed after this operation is run are not being processed.  I'm not sure how to determine which customer is causing the error, as the customer number listed right before the error message is different every time, so the error must be before freeside-daily does any output for the problem customer (or package or whereever the exact problem is).

I've tried to track down the problem, and looked through the code somewhat to see if I could determine anything odd that might be occurring, but nothing grabbed my attention as a problem.  Any assistance or suggestions that anyone has on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.  I'm happy to follow up with more information if it's helpful.

Thanks!

--
Lee Sharpe
lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Fusion Broadband Research and Development