[freeside-users] barter groups/billing

Bowen, Peter pbowen at corp.untd.com
Thu Mar 23 07:36:42 PST 2006

If you can assign a value to the barter (which you have to do for tax
purposes), I would set them up as a bill payment user and then do check
payments and put additional info in the check number.  That way you
won't auto bill them, when their barter runs out you can send them a
notice, and you can track it for tax purposes...

You could also use credits for the same thing - but the underlying
financial piece treats checks and credits slightly differently.

-Peter