[freeside-users] Invoice Being Sent on Payment Decline

Lee Sharpe lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Tue Mar 28 14:07:39 PST 2006

Hello, all!

Before I get to my question, here's my setup information;

Freeside v1.5.7 using HTML::Mason front end
Perl v5.8.5
PostgeSQL v7.4.7

The problem we are surfacing began when for some reason our Freeside
server was unable to make the SSL connection with AuthorizeNet (who is
handling our credit card charging for us) for a customer's payment.
This was sending a declined payment e-mail to the customer, which
included the SSL error message.  Several customers, especially the more
technical ones, e-mailed us about this problem.

I then added "HTTP" and "SSL" to the emaildecline-exclude option in the
configuration section.  This appears to have stopped these e-mails from
being sent out.

Recently, however, our Billing Department reports calls from customers
who are getting invoices when their payments were declined.  I would
expect either:

(1) the decline is not due to the SSL problem, in which case they get a
decline e-mail, or

(2) the decline is due to the SSL problem, in which case they should not
get any e-mail

I'm assuming it's the latter case, and Freeside is sending an invoice.
Why?  Is there any way to disable this feature?  I looked through the
Configuration variables, but could not find anything.  I'm including a
list of relevant configuration options I have set at the end of this
e-mail

Any insight anyone could provide into this problem would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!

emailinvoiceonly - YES
disaplepostalinvoiceddefault - YES
emailinvoiceauto - NO
emaildecline - YES

emaildecline-exclude:
HTTP
SSL

--
Lee Sharpe
lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Fusion Broadband Research and Development