[freeside-users] freeside-sqlradius-radacctd complainig about svc_acct record

M. Stephen stemap at netsoltz.com
Thu Dec 6 14:07:35 PST 2007

Wow!

For the first time for over 4 months i managed to see
sqlradius-radacctd can account for usage and can disable
the account (password) in radcheck account.

The  sqlradius-radacctd module was complaining as "no
svc_acct record found.." because the username sent to
radcheck table was in the form xxx at yyy.zzz while the
stored user in freeside postgre was xxx.

What I did was to strip the user in radius so that users
are stored as xxx and not xxx at yyy.zzz. I had to setup
another radius server (freeradius) and proxy the users
with nostrip entry in proxy configuration file.

BUT I have one problem.
If I set package with no recurring fee, and set Base
recurring fee for this package to a value say 5000 and
Additional charge per megabyte total to a value say 500

a new created account is inactive. But being inactive, the
account is provisioned to radius database and works well.

If I set If I set package with recurring fee to monthly,
and set Base recurring fee for this package to a value say
5000 and Additional charge per megabyte total to a value
say 500

a new created account is active and works well.
sqlradius-radacctd deducts well the availabe usage. But
when sqlradius-radacctd deducts to zero, suspends the
account. and the account is NOT ACTIVATED EVEN THOUGH YOU
ADD SOME CREDI.

I want to have plan such that, usage xxxMB purchased by
client should be available for two months. If not used
within that time, or some bytes remains then the account
should be suspended

Also if the xxxMB is used before the end of month then the
account should be suspended.

if the account is suspended and recharged the account
should be active.

Please help

Stephen

  being inactive, the account is provisioned to radius
database and works well.