[freeside-users] How-to setup a Radius interface for Billing ?

Dominique Jeannerod dominique.jeannerod at connectics.fr
Wed Mar 14 09:04:14 PDT 2007

Hello,
i'm currently setting up freeside 1.7.2 and fighting to setup a billing
based on FreeRadius accounting for VoIP calls.
freeradius 1.1.3 is being used and works properly.

Could someone help me understand the whole process and how to interface
Radius and Freeside ?

I already setup
- a svc_acct service with a radius export, and a package with a price plan
(tried several ones without success).
- provisionned a domain name and 2 svc_acct accounts with username used in
the radacct table.

I am able to see radius sessions for this account in freeside, with session
duration and used bandwidth, but no CDR data at all in Freeside, and no
svc_acct.seconds value in the database.

Could someone help me understand how to setup this correctly ?

Do I have to launch freeside-sqlradius-radacctd ?
Should I have the domain in the Radius data to make it work ?
Should the svc_acct.seconds column be updated ?
What price plan should I use ?

Thank with anticipation as I'm quite lost