[freeside-users] Encryption

Steven Ball hamster at snurkle.net
Fri Mar 16 15:15:37 PDT 2007

No worries, I'm glad I can 'help' with the wiki ;)

I double checked for lack of spaces and the like, and reduced the key
length to 1024.

It seemed to work right after i submitted the config changes, but
then the next time I edited or added a customer, I got the error again.

Just as a sanity check, I restarted the web server.  And what do you
know, it seems to be working fine now.  Chalk this one up to an idiot
user error :)

I just bumped it back to a 2048 bit key, -restarted the web server-,
and all seems happy.

A question though, how is the public/private key stored?  Do you have
any suggestions for protecting the private key from 'theft'?

Thanks again!

-Steve