[freeside-users] Need help with a few items.

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Wed Oct 3 17:56:32 PDT 2007

Ryan Ghering wrote:
> Second, what needs to be setup in Cron for billing to be automatic? I've
> found no config examples or any docs on the issue.

In 1.5.x it was something like this in the freeside user's crontab:

$ cat freeside.crontab
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# Run freeside-expiration-alerter every day at 8 AM
0 8 * * * /usr/bin/freeside-expiration-alerter username 2>&1

# Run freeside-daily every day at 9 AM
0 9 * * * (/usr/bin/freeside-daily username 2>&1 | mail -s
"freeside-daily output from `hostname`" root)

Replace username with a freeside application user and root with the
address you want the daily e-mail to go to.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall