[freeside-users] Virtual Field Search on Customer search

Jim Cobb jimcobb at ejourney.com
Fri Oct 5 14:59:52 PDT 2007

Gregory,

As any virtual fields would have to be stored in the postgresql database,
you should be able to search by any field you want.  This is not included in
the Freeside installation under searching for customers, so you would have
to create a custom script.

So far, I have created several custom searches and reports.  At first, I had
a single page that had links to activate all of my custom queries.  That
became a hassle moving in and out of Freeside.  So, I simply created a
standalone application that loads my Freeside installation inside of a
framed web window.  Now I have access to all of my reports from a dropdown
menu across the top.

This worked good for my situation, however it isn't for everyone.  In the
end it will be better if we all help sponsor add-ons to Freeside, and let
Ivan and his talented staff continue to improve an already impressive
software package.