[freeside-users] 1.9.0 Change Log? New Features?

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Oct 10 13:24:08 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 03:15:04PM -0500, Kyle Leissner wrote:
> Is there a release file showing what new features will be available with the
> next release of Freeside?

http://www.sisd.com/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7.3:Changelog
http://www.sisd.com/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.9:Changelog

Perhaps it might be more respectful of you to please take a few minutes
to look for this information yourself first rather than send your
inquiry to the many hundreds of people on the mailing list?

> Has Freeside updated the customer login to allow
> them to update their address and credit card information (without making
> another payment)?

This is available from the self-service API (and many of our customers
use it in this fashion), but it has not yet been implemented in the
example self-service interface.

> Has the signup form changed at all?

Yes, it has.  Existing signup pages would continue to work, of course;
there are no backwards-incompatible changes.

> Have they allowed a user to create their own ticket within the ticket
> system.

Not from the self-service interface; users can of course email to create
tickets.

If expanded self-service functionality is an important feature for you,
you may want to get involved in the project and contribute the features
you need (or sponsor someone else to do so).

Our development priorities are driven by what needs our customers tell
us they have, and the deveopment priorites of other contributors are
driven by their own specific needs.

--
_ivan