[freeside-users] duplicate key violates unique constraint "cust_main_pkey"

Vlad Sedov stereomind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:24:51 PDT 2007

hey folks....

long time without problems. here's what I've got today:

duplicate key violates unique constraint "cust_main_pkey"

I understand what the error means and what's causing it - somehow the next
value of the cust_main_custnum_seq bumps into an existing custnum. Is it
possible to "reset" the sequence's next value to an arbitrary number? I
don't know postgres well enough to figure it out.

FS 1.7.0, apache 1.3, postgres 8.1.4

Vlad