[freeside-users] 1.7.3 release candidate 2

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Apr 9 20:52:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 10:38:35PM -0500, Jeremy Davis wrote:

> > Try it out.
>
> 	I am upgrading from 1.7.2 and there seems to be some weirdness with
> RT.  Everything almost works by going into the rt directory and typing make
> upgrade.  After that the only other problem is the file SelectTimeUnits
> seems to be missing from the root Elements folder.  I copied the file over
> from my 1.7.2 install and it seems to work now.

Hmm.  I've never seen this before, nor has "going into the rt directory
and typing make upgrade" ever been part of the integrated RT upgrade
instructions or something I've ever done for a 1.7.2->1.7.3 upgrade...

What happens if you follow the 1.7.3 upgrade instructions without adding
that step?  Does the RT upgrade work okay in that case?

> 	Automatic fill from Inventory still seems to not work for my for
> svc_phone service.  I have some DID's loaded up but it doesn't auto fill.  I
> am by no means complaining, however if these are known problems I work
> towards getting patch.

Hmm... not a known problem.  Kind of surprised it wouldn't work for you
for one kind of service and not others, the inventory fill-in stuff is
all implemented in svc_Common.pm (sub insert).

If you had a patch to squeeze in before the release, certainly would be
appreciated... :)

> 	I also have a newsletter function that I have developed which uses
> package classes or routers to send e-mail to certain parts of the customer
> base.  I will be sending that code to the project as soon as I clean it up.

That sounds great, thanks!  I see that you've been involved with the
codebase for years, but we've never actually gotten anything back from
you yet.  :(  I look forward to being able to add you to credits.html.

> 	Is there any other functionality that you would like to see tested
> out?  I would be happy to test out certain features if there parts that
> needed some more testing. I will be checking out the debian packages
> tomorrow.

Thanks.  Pretty much anything mentioned in
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7.3:Changelog
that you're using.

--
_ivan