[freeside-users] Best OS (Operating System) for Freeside

GlobalNet, NOC jeffa at globalco.net
Mon Aug 11 07:35:19 PDT 2008

Basically you nailed the heart of my question..
I am basically getting ready to leave the Rodopi (Cost a Fortune)world.

I installed freeside on Debian 4.0 (Test Machine) using the instructions
here
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:InstallingUsingAPT
Experimental

First Issue was
Anyway I get errors trying to connect to freeradius
      error:  Can't connect to data source radius, no database driver
specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/cust_svc.pm line 476

      context:  ...
            98:  # whether they should generate a full stack trace
(confess() and cluck())
            99:  # or simply report the caller's package (croak() and
carp()), respectively.
            100:  # confess() and croak() die, carp() and cluck() warn.
            101:
            102:  sub croak { die shortmess @_ }
            103:  sub confess { die longmess @_ }
            104:  sub carp { warn shortmess @_ }
            105:  sub cluck { warn longmess @_ }
            106:

      code stack:  /usr/share/perl/5.8/Carp.pm:102
      /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm:568
      /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/cust_svc.pm:476
      /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/svc_acct.pm:1876
      /usr/share/freeside/www/view/svc_acct.cgi:40
      /usr/share/freeside/www/autohandler:1

Second leaving the RT (Ticket System) clicking link back to billing Main it
has this address and I have no idea where to fix.
rootwood.420.am
Also this address shows up trying to create a ticket.
But if you correct the address it stll won't create one.

Jeff