[freeside-users] Best OS (Operating System) for Freeside

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Mon Aug 11 07:50:14 PDT 2008

GlobalNet, NOC wrote:
> Basically you nailed the heart of my question..
> I am basically getting ready to leave the Rodopi (Cost a Fortune)world.

Good idea.  Make sure you test disaster recovery before going live with
Freeside.

> I installed freeside on Debian 4.0 (Test Machine) using the instructions
> here
> http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:InstallingUsingAPT
> Experimental

I *think* I've used those.

> First Issue was
> Anyway I get errors trying to connect to freeradius
>       error:  Can't connect to data source radius, no database driver
> specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/cust_svc.pm line 476

[snip]

I assume you've got an SQL RADIUS export set up to talk to FreeRADIUS.
What do you have set in the "DBI data source" (AKA datasrc) field?  It
should be something like DBI:mysql:dbname:servername.  The error message
makes it sound like that field could be empty.

(Another common bug is running Freeside under PostgreSQL and failing to
connect to a FreeRADIUS server that uses MySQL because you don't have
the MySQL Perl DBD module installed.)

> Second leaving the RT (Ticket System) clicking link back to billing Main it
> has this address and I have no idea where to fix.
> rootwood.420.am

I'd go to /usr/local/etc/freeside and do a grep -r for that address.

> Also this address shows up trying to create a ticket.
> But if you correct the address it stll won't create one.

It's fairly easy to skip a step in installation/configuration.

I'm not an RT user so I don't have any idea where this could be set.

> Jeff

Regards,

	Richard Siddall