[freeside-users] repairing inventory

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Tue Nov 18 19:35:25 PST 2008

Hello,
I have freeside v1.7.3 with HTML::Mason 1.35-3, perl 5.8.8,
apache 2.2.3-4+etch4, debian etch, postgresql 7.5.22, and
libpg-perl 2.1.1-3. Freeside works mostly fine and we have an
inventory of ip addresses that are assigned to services in the
svc_acct table representing xen virtual private servers. The
problem is that most of the ip addresses allocated by freeside
are different from what is being used in production and many
addresses being used in production are not in inventory. I have
been able to add addresses to the inventory using the batch
upload feature and then I was able to correct the ip address for
the service in the database by hand like so:
UPDATE svc_acct SET slipip='newipaddress' WHERE
svcnum='theuserssvcnum';
UPDATE inventory_item SET svcnum=NULL WHERE
svcnum='theuserssvcnum';
UPDATE inventory_item SET svcnum='theuserssvcnum' WHERE
item='newipaddress';

However, I wasn't sure if there wouldn't be any other
consequences if this wasn't the complete way to accomplish this
and it seemed like the "Manual provisioning from inventory"
choice in the service definition would do what I want.
However, that choice is commented out in lines 67-70 of
httemplate/edit/part_svc.cgi in cvs FREESIDE_1_7_BRANCH and HEAD
with the explanation "need to template-ize httemplate/edit/svc_*
first", so what needs to be done for this? Is it still necessary
or can that be uncommented? In the commit log it appears to have
been added with the other choices on June 26 2006 and then the M
choice was commented on June 29 2006. Thanks very much.
Nick Schmalenberger