[freeside-users] Move plus upgrade

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Sun Aug 23 17:56:40 PDT 2009

Gerald Livingston wrote:
> I've been poking arond the Wiki and don't see anything like this in the
> documentation. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere.
>
> Has anyone outlined the steps required to move a production 1.58 system
> to a new server and upgrade it to 1.7x while doing so?
>
> Can I just do a clean install of 1.7x then export the 1.58 database and
> import it on the new install or has the structire changed too much for
> that to work?

Gerald,

I think if you follow the steps for disaster recovery
(http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:Documentation:DisasterRecovery)
and then run the steps to upgrade a working system from 1.5x to 1.7x
immediately after restoring the database dump (see Upgrading at
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation),
that should work.

In other words, restore the 1.5x database on a system with the 1.7x
code, and then upgrade the database and related files to the 1.7x schema
  before actually running Freeside.

I did this on a machine in the lab several months ago, and the few spot
checks I did on the resulting system looked like the procedure worked.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall