[freeside-users] 1.7.4 release candidate 2

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Mon Aug 31 09:43:57 PDT 2009

Ivan Kohler wrote:
> RPM packages:
> http://freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:InstallingUsingRPM
> (not sure if there's something built for 1.7.4 release candidates
> specifically yet, but the FREESIDE_1_7_BRANCH packages are auto-built
> daily and are the same code)

The 1.7.4rc2 RPMs were put up on the repository on August 14, but I only
just updated the documentation to say how to get them, and then only for
people using yum.

The easiest approach is to download the freeside.repo file into
/etc/yum.repos.d (as mentioned in the instructions referenced above) and
enable the testing and prerelease repositories, and then follow the
instructions for installing or updating your Freeside installation.

If you use up2date and have it set up to use the Freeside RPMs, it's
likely all you need to do is to add a line like:

yum freeside-prerelease
http://www.freeside.biz/~rsiddall/repo/centos/4/freeside-1.7/prerelease/i386

to your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.  Replace the i386 with x86_64
if you have a 64-bit installation.

> Try it out!  If there's a problem with your pet feature, you'll be in a
> much better position to pique someone's interest NOW than in a month.  :)

Regards,

	Richard Siddall