[freeside-users] Upgrading from 1.5.7 to 1.7.3

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Feb 11 12:32:18 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:46:22PM +1100, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> Hi Freeside users,
>
> I am trying to upgrade the freeside database running 1.5.7 to newer
> installation of freeside 1.7.3.
>
> Following the instructions on the wiki page
> Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Upgrading, I modified
> the cust_pay_batch, h_cust_pay_batch and cust_main tables.
>
> When I am trying to do the next step, freeside-upgrade, I get following
> errors
>
> DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  column "batchnum" contains null values at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/DBSchema.pm line 338.
> Error: ERROR:  column "batchnum" contains null values
>  executing: ALTER TABLE cust_pay_batch ALTER batchnum SET NOT NULL at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/DBSchema.pm line 338.

You can't upgrade while you have a pending batch out there.  Finish the
batch (upload results), make sure the cust_pay_batch table is empty,
then run the upgrade.

If you don't actually use batching and cust_pay_batch just contains
test records, delete everything from that table and then run the
upgrade.

--
_ivan