[freeside-users] RFC: improvements for handling of setup fees

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:50:15 PDT 2009

As always, we're willing to provide the community with our code improvements.

The setup fee is not billed if the date is filled out before the
invoice is created.  As a result, it's never charged.  Does it make
sense to update the schema so there's a reference to the line item it
was billed for, and make that the criteria for billing the fee, after
the setup date?

Environment:

We've upgraded to Freeside HEAD as of a few weeks ago, and updated
past the postal invoice gotcha. (just the code that's affected). We
moved to HEAD mainly for the voip features, as we didn't want to wait
any longer for a stable snapshot to release.

The development server is also at the same state running in a vserver
guest of Debian Lenny. Database, RT and FS all running locally with
latest updates on Debian packages.

Thanks,

Scott Edwards
-- http://daxal.com/?from=freeside+consulting