[freeside-users] Upgrading From 1.58->1.73

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu May 21 02:07:52 PDT 2009

Hi John,

I recently upgraded from 1.5.8 to the latest 1.7 CVS branch.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM, John <john at cci.net.au> wrote:

>  Im really cringing to ask such a simple question but Ive been frustrated
> all afternoon!  Im trying to upgrade from trusty old 1.5.8 to 1.7.3 and
> according to the wiki I need to go to 1.7.0 first and upgrade incrementally
> from there, but I cant seem to find anywhere I can download it.. I can only
> find 1.7.2 and 1.7.3.
>
> Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?
>
> thanks in advance
> John

First step - follow instructions from this webpage
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Upgrading

Second step - follow instructions from this webpage
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7.3:Documentation:Upgrading

You don't need 1.7.0 distribution. The first step (upgrading to 1.7.0)
involves updating the database schema manually. You don't need to do run
freeside-upgrade in the first step.

In the second step you can run freeside-upgrade and it should fix the
database schema as per 1.7.3.

(With the exception of h_cust_pay_batch table, freeside-upgrade can upgrade
the old database to new database. If you have data in h_cust_pay_batch, you
will have to dump it in a file, clean the table, upgrade database and then
reimport.)

Hope this helps.

Amitay.