[freeside-users] Odd issue when running freeside-setup

Dave Foster dave at canadian.net
Tue Nov 9 06:13:31 PST 2010

Freebsd 8.1 32 bit, Tried Freeside 2.1 and 1.9  (Vmware) When running freeside-setup –d my.domain, as Freeside user I get :

Can't connect to data source '-e DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside\nfreeside\nMyPASSi' because I can't work out what driver to use (it doesn't seem to contain a 'dbi:driver:' prefix and the DBI_DRIVER env var is not set) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/FS/UID.pm line 153

It seems to be because “ –e DBI:Pg “ is not a DBD!!

In /usr/local/etc/freeside  Some part o f the setup adds “dbdef.-e DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside\nfreeside\nMYPASS “ to the config, If removed or modified, it just comes back! I suspect its correct format like the other config files, should be “dbdef.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside\nfreeside\nMYPASS “

I suspect a possible glitch with one of the perl modules, but cannot find it. So what code creates that file, and also uses the info in that file to attempt the database connection?

Thanks

Dave Foster
System Administrator,
Canadian Net