[freeside-users] Upgrade

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:20:55 PDT 2011

I'd follow the upgrade steps in the wiki.  If you're running a vmware
guest, take a snapshot.  Think of it as a transaction - because users
that are billed will be billed again if you have to rollback later*.

I don't have a handy install of FS running. In older versions, there
was a config directory of flat files. Most (all?) of these have been
imported into the database.  If they're not in the DB, it'll fall back
to the flat files.  This applies to FS itself.

.ssh/* and external factors are a different story.  I'd check the wiki
to see if you get lucky with backup/restore information. That might
shed some light on it.  Config blocks for radiusd, httpd, pop3d etc
are external to FS.

There are bound to be some things I'm forgetting. It's been over a
year before I touched a FS install in any capacity.  Best of luck!

Regards,

Scott.

* Eg, don't waste time on getting to point B.  Disable the crontabs for billing,