[freeside-users] 2.3.0 released

Sebastien Perreault sperreault at alesium.net
Tue Jul 26 08:56:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

 I was able to install Freeside without any issues on the following platform:
  - FreeBSD
  - Linux (Centos)
  - Solaris (10 and 11 express), my personal favorite :)

 The documentation is not 100% up-to-date but I don't expect more from
a free application like freeside, Oracle's doc is not 100% and we pay
a load of cash to get it :) You really need to know how Perl, Apache
and CPAN works and just make sure you install all the required perl
modules before. Also Ivan provides a VMWare image for a real fast
"installation".

 I'm personally working on making a freeside IPS repo for the end of
this year so I can easily install all the modules required on Solaris
11 express (x86 and SPARC) to make freeside an easy application to
deploy in a Solaris environment.

 Seb,