[freeside-users] PayPal API

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Thu Sep 8 14:47:04 PDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 11:51:30AM -0400, jimcobb at ejourney.com wrote:
> OK, I have upgraded to Freeside 2.3
>
> I receive the same error as below on the webpage.  However, I have noticed
> in the apache2/error.log the following error when trying to process the
> card payment:
>
> 500 Can't connect to api.paypal.com:443 (SSL connect attempt failed
> because of handshake problemserror:14094410:SSL
> routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure) at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Business/PayPal/API.pm line 144
>
> Any suggestions?

It doesn't look like Business::OnlinePayment::PayPal will work with Freeside
in the first place, as it does not accept a "CC" type for transactions.  See

(Our PayPal-using customers are on PayflowPro)

If the "CC" bug was fixed as well as any other incompatibilities
("IPAddress"?), reading the B:OP:PayPal documentation, the
business-onlinepayment configuration setting looks like it should be:

-------------------------
PayPal

Normal Authorization
Username