[freeside-users] svc_broadband Shared Service field in freeside 3.92

vlad stereomind at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 06:59:08 PDT 2017

Hey folks,

I'm running freeside 3.92 on CentOS 7, perl 5.16.3.

How does the Shared Service field work in svc_broadband? We're a WISP, and
have some customers who share a radio with another customer, but have
unique PPPoE accounts (which are handled by svc_acct).

Since ip_addr is unique in svc_broadband, I cannot use the same radio IP
address for customers who share radios. I noticed that the Shared Service
field can sort of provide the ability to do this.. It correctly looks up
the IP address from the primary svc_broadband.. But what do you put in the
ip_addr field, since it's still required?

Thank you,

Vlad