Configuring Crystal Reports to access Freeside
Configure the Freeside backend
- Add a PostgreSQL user and set a password
createuser -P reports
- Grant the new PostgreSQL user read-only access to the freeside tables. A dozen or so
"relation "xxx" does not existerrors are to be expected, as long as the bulk of the commands execute.
freeside/bin/pg-readonly freeside_username reports
- Allow the new PostgreSQL user access from the IP which will be running Crystal Reports. Edit
pg_hba.confand add an access line somewhere before
#reject all other connection attempts. For example, for 192.0.2.56:
# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD host freeside reports 192.0.2.56 255.255.255.255 md5
- Restart PostgreSQL
Configure the Crysal Reports client
- On the machine running Crystal Reports, download and install the current version of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/
- Use the PostgreSQL ANSI driver
- Use the username (i.e.
reports) and password you configured on the backend.