- Rate plans - You can edit regions/prefixes, rates and rate plans under Configuration | Billing | View/Edit call rates and regions
sample scripts for importing initial rate information are available in
- Service definitions (Configuration | Provisioning, services and packages | View/edit service definitions) - Service definitions for VoIP are setup as svc_phone services. Set countrycode to "fixed (unchangeable)" and to your country code ("1" for US, Canada, NANP countries).
You can optionally use the inventory stuff to assign DID#s from a pool for svc_phone services.You can optionally use an internal_did export to assign DID#s from the internal phone number inventory.
- Package definitions (Configuraiton | Provisioning, services and packages | View/edit package definitions) - Package definitions for VoIP are setup using the "VoIP/telco CDR rating (standard)" price plan.
- Pick a "Rate plan" from above.
- Make sure to set a "Recurring fee frequency"
- Don't change the "Region rating method"
- You can import CDRs directly into the Freeside database using cdr_pgsql or cdr_mysql, or you can import CDRs from CSV files under Tools | Import | Import Call Detail Records (CDRs) from CSV file. Both methods have been used with success.
- cdr.charged_party from imported CDRs is matched to svc_phone.phonenum in a provisioned phone service
- You can view simple reports of CDRs (unprocessed vs. processed) under Reports | Rating data | Call Detail Records (CDRs)
- 800/877/etc. calls should be correctly handled by rating based on the originating region rather than the destination region. If you want toll-free usage to be billed at different rates than outgoing calls, you can use a different package definition and rate plan.
- To attach a CSV file of CDRs to customer invoices:
- Enable the voip-cust_email_csv_cdr config option
- Enable the "Attach CDRs as CSV to emailed invoices" checkbox on one or more customers