[freeside] keep getting blank svc_domain.svcnum

DPH danny-hembree at dynamical.org
Thu Nov 20 17:25:32 PST 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 3:30 PM, Randall Lucas wrote:

> Hmm.  I can't help but think the part where "[you] deviated here a
> little" may be the problem.
>
> 1. create a service def type svc_domain.  Call it "DPH internal
> domain."  Make sure its domainname is "fixed" to "dph.cxm" (you may
> have to make the slipip fixed at zero as well if you don't have
> slipips to deal with).

This is the service definition called "nameserver" the exports aren't
checked - but doesn't seem to make a difference. There's no dial-up
access.

2: bind_slave to ns2.digitronicweb.com
1: bind to ns1.digitronicweb.com

Field
Modifier

domain- Domain	Fixed	web.digitronicweb.com

catchall	Off

> 2. create a no-fee package def.  Include (1) DPH internal domain in
> it.  Call it "DPH domain package"
okay so here's the package "Domain 4 year"  with one service,
"nameserver" and all fee's set to zero

86 Domain 4 year Domain4 0 flat setup_fee 0 recur_fee 0 nameserver 1

> 3. create your "DPH Internal Customer" customer record.  Order him (1)
> DPH domain package.

not sure what you mean here. Selecting "new customer" from main menu.
There is no "Domain 4 Year" presented, Just the hosting packages are in
the drop down menu
If I define a hosting package with "nameserver"  svc_type and a
svc_acct type called staffplan, I get it in the drop down menu. I can't
get a package with just a svc_domain type. It must also have something
with a svc_acct type.

88 | Staff Hosting | free hosting accounts for staff | 0 |  0 | 0 |
  |          |          | flat         | setup_fee=0 recur_fee=0    |

> 4. Now there will exist in svc_domain a record for the dph.cxm domain.
>  You can now create all the svc_accts you want that point to dph.cxm.

just get the error again and no rows in svc_domain. Maybe I should punt
and erase everything and start over. I hate to punt.